ABOUT DR. MONTAÑO
Dr. Luis Enrique Montano, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, was born in Mexico City, but has lived in Tijuana since he was three years old. His father was a civil engineer and his grandfather by his mother’s side a medical doctor. He studied at the nationally recognized Universidad Autonoma de Baja California and completed his internship at Tijuana General Hospital. After becoming a general practitioner, he started work in the Mexican Institute for Social Security (IMSS), where he was an attendant in the emergency room.
In 2009, he started his surgical residency at Mexicali General Hospital; only to transfer to Tijuana General Hospital after an earthquake left the Hospital in Mexicali with few patients and many destroyed operating rooms. After reinitiating his residency at Tijuana General Hospital, he assisted and performed both laparoscopic surgeries and open surgery: ranging from trauma surgery to advanced laparoscopic surgery. After finishing his residency, he started work at the Tijuana Chapter of the Mexican Red Cross, and went back to work at IMSS. He then assisted a bariatric surgeon in all his surgeries for a period of two years. Now, as a practitioner of bariatric surgery, he strives to keep up with the newest and best techniques and treatments. For this purpose, he continually attends international courses and symposiums (ASMBS obesity weekend, ACS clinical congress, IRCAD France and Brazil). This last October he became a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and, in December, he attended the Robotic and Advanced Bariatric Course at the IRCAD institute in Strasbourg, France.
UABC 2005, Graduated from Medicine School
2007-2009 Worked at IMSS
UABC 2013, Graduated from Surgery Residency (Hospital General Tijuana)
2012, Advanced Hiatal Hernia Course
2015, International Congress for Obesity Surgery, Los Cabos, Mexico (CMCOEM)
- 2016, IRCAD Brazil, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Course
- 2016. Obesity week, New Orleans, La, US (ASMBS)
- 2016, IRCAD France, Advanced Bariatric Surgery Course
- 2017, Multidisciplinary Bariatric theoretical Course (CMCOEM)
- 2017, Obesity weekend, San Diego, Ca, US (ASMBS)
- 2017, International Congress for Obesity Surgery, Playa del Carmen, Mexico (CMCOEM)
- 2017, General Surgery International Congress, Acapulco Mexico
- 2017, ACS Clinical Congress, San Diego Ca, US
- 2017, IRCAD France Robotic and Advanced Bariatric Surgery Course
Get in Touch
If you want to schedule an appointment don’t hessitate and give us a call.